Saturday, June 3, 2017

Double Slice Layer Cake

I spent part of Friday preparing blocks for a double slice layer cake quilt. I watched "you tube " Missouri Star Quilt Company's" Video       http://youtu.be/jxC-0T5lXw4 
for instructions. Such a simple block but very effective I think.



Oh I didn't have the full layer cake as I had used some for another project, but I am happy with this size which make a lovely lap quilt. Best of all I am slowly working my way through some of my stash instead of holding on to it for that special pattern which I never seem to find. Now to add a small border and quilt it. Actually it will match my Tuffet that I made using the same fabrics..yay...





To see what the other ladies got up to for Friday night with friends go here  thank you Chez for hosting another wonderful night.

Happy stitching.......

11 comments:

  1. Hi Helen i love this and how lovely that it matches your tuffet,well done xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work Helen. Yes sometimes it is better to use these pretties than have them in a drawer. Lovely quilt x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to use up that stash

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love lap quilts and yours is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have also used that same pattern and love the result. Well done on using your stash.....after all what do you keep it for????

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely muted colors! I really like the versatility of a layer cake. Very pretty Helen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful fabrics Helen, will make a wonderful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Helen, I was thinking about making this. Then my machine stuffed up. Oh well maybe after my surgery. XX Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice! I always think I should try and use fabric out of my stash but I don't often actually do that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that layered Cake pattern. Looks great with your fabrics...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment...I appreciate each and every one of them!